Monday 26 September 2011

Meet Team Member - Rachael Cretten

I've been swimming for as long as I can remember - having a mum as a Swimming teacher I guess it was inevitable.
I started at Beaver Swimming Club, then at 10 I decided I wanted to get more competitive so I joined Black Lion, did the usual gala's, Medways and Southern Counties.
Back in 2009 my younger sister persuaded me to enter the British Gas Great North Swim - a mile swim in Lake Windermere.I had to admit the choppiness made me feel sick but I loved it. In 2010 I did the Great East, Great North and Great London swim - I'd officially got the bug for outdoor swimming.
I'd always wanted to swim the Channel and following a conversion with Becky at work she spoke to Kathy and the 'Lovelies' Channel Swimming relay team was born.

No comments:

Post a Comment