Wednesday 28 September 2011

We're on our way!!

Hello everyone its Rachael here also known for the duration of this epic swim as No 4.
Right let me start by telling you we're on our way,our first swimmer Liane is gliding through the water like a speedy dolphin. She was very brave jumping into the dark cold water from the steps of the pier!

Henry, our pilot gave us a brilliant briefing and I was left in no doubt with what would be happening throughout the swim.However Henry told us that we would be going for a gentle trip to Ryde pier where the swim would be starting. What started off as gentle, soon became a 22 knot ( 30 mph ) speed boat ride. Now for those of you that know me, know that I was clinging onto the sides of my chair for dear life with a look of utter fear on my face, whilst evryone else was smiling around me!!
Had a minor glitch earlier after flushing what I thought was the toilet but switching on the shower instead and getting wet.......Funnily enough Paula did the same thing about 20 minutes later!!
I'm going now to watch Liane who is but a small flashing light in the sea of darkness andmaybe eat a snickers, well I have to get some energy somehow!
Love to all xx

No comments:

Post a Comment